TWP ONE TEACHERS NETWORK อ. อารี
“The students cannot find the ideas from the reading story.”
- The problems faced in English class by a child who can’t find the details from reading. Therefore a failure in reading can lead to a failure in school generally and a low self-confidence.
- The reasons for students not being able to read are varied – poor teaching, lack of motivation or the students may have a learning disability which makes reading difficult.
Use pictures, their knowledge of sounds and letters, letter blends and the shapes of words, experience of subject matter and the flow of language to help them make sense of the text that is laid before them.
Plan of action or Activity
1. What is the first step to use with students?
- Let them read together with teacher.
- Motivate students in class before reading.
How to use the activity in reading class?
2. What is the second step?
- Let them read and write the main ideas.
- Let them brainstorming and see the pictures.
- Find the meaning and Create Mind map .
- Read aloud and write the vocabulary in notebook.
- Dictation and find the context clues.
- Share ideas and list in notebook.
- Present in front of the class and ask the other group.
- Write everything to teacher.
I think the findings can help to provide insights into types of strategies and used to solve my students’ reading problem and Strategies or techniques can I use to help students in my English class to get better in English.